PROFILE OF AMIRA BUCKLIN
Amira Bucklin (Ibrahim) is an associate attorney with Metaverse Law. Prior to joining Metaverse Law, she completed her legal clerkship at the District Court of Frankfurt am Main and worked as a trainee associate for Mayer Brown LLP’s IP and data privacy practice.
Amira earned her law degree from the Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University Frankfurt School of Law, where she was Assistant Coach to the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court team. She received her LL.M. from the University of California Irvine School of Law.
Amira is also a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and holds the CIPP/E and CIPP/US designations. She is fluent in German and Arabic and speaks conversational French.
*Amira is licensed to practice in Germany and California.
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, LL.M. 2020
+Dean’s Award: Evidence
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University Frankfurt School of Law
+ 23rd Willem C. Vis Intl. Commercial Arbitration Moot Court, Team Member
+ 24th Willem C. Vis Intl. Commercial Arbitration Moot Court, Assistant Coach
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Leadership, Membership & Honors
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- German American Lawyers Association (DAJV)
- OneTrust Certified Professional
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA)
- Women Lawyers Association (WLA)
Articles & Publications
Third Country Assessment Guidance Note for California, February 2022, DataGuidance.
Will the Courts Treat Foreign Data Privacy Laws as Fact or Farce in U.S. contracts? Whose Law Will Prevail in Privacy Disputes?, May 2021, Orange County Lawyer Magazine (Vol. 63 No. 5).